Thursday, August 16, 2007

Law of Attraction

Bought a much-discussed book 'The Secret'. Have yet finished reading, at first glimpse the 'secret' is not exactly a new idea, but I am trying to apply the Law of Attraction now. Keep thinking of what I want and the mysterious forces will attract more related forces to my life. Or perhaps, by focusing on something in my mind, I simply become more alert to all related information and contacts, and friends will notice my concern and hence share more related information too.

By next Friday, my fate with INSEAD would be revealed.

http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html

I contemplated to take CFA level one examination to improve on my financial knowledge but later figured that I couldn't afford the time. Incidentally, a friend of mine had finished the examination recently and now finds all level 1 textbooks redundant. In the good spirit of being environmentally friendly, I happily adopted those above 5-kg heavy books and hope will disciplinely digest these 'mind-stimulating' materials before MBA starts.

Typically, I enjoy getting my future as clearly planned for as possible. Should all things run smoothly, I want to fulfill INSEAD's 3rd language requirement before school starts. Am researching on available recognized courses in the country. The date of the assessment test, which apparently is only available semi-annually, however might clash with a company trip I kind of look forward to. Just another conflict between my MBA dream and my current job. The winner is obvious isn't it ?

Interestingly, I have been reading here and there information on France. Someone called earlier, and without any clue of my INSEAD application, jokingly asked if I am in Paris now. Is it a positive sign ? :p

Best wishes to me as I wait for the important news !

2 comments:

geetu said...

haha.. I picked up the book too.. :0) and true.. its not a new concept.. but I have been trying it too. :-)

All the best!

Beat Anxiety said...

Yes the book certainly is a good read , but the question everybody asks me is will setting goals ignite the law of attraction.

Most certainly you just need to understand how to set your goals to make them achievable.

Filomena
www.physicsofgettingwealthy.com