Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interview and Francais

I was restless since the moment I woke up last Friday. Or rather, the anticipation of a life-changing news got me tenser for the entire last week. God must be kind to let me have a minor wisdom tooth surgery last week to give me a valid excuse not to work :p

I told myself not to check the email every hour. As morning in France started, my heart pumped faster. Fortunately a friend who knew all I have been going through was back in the country and we decided impromptu to watch Ratatouille. Wise choice. I was entertained and dreamed about flying to France to attend INSEAD.

Reached home after the movie and checked the email. My heart almost jumped out when I saw the email title ‘ INSEAD Confidential Selection Process’,

“You have been pre-selected for interviews.”

YEAH !! One step forward to INSEAD !!

Went to register for intensive French class @ Alliance Francaise on Saturday morning, and was probably one of the last few students to enroll into the class which has a maximum size of 16. Thank God ! Though it seemed the administration lady and the registration person gave me different information on the language proficiency level I would be able to achieve at the end of 2 terms, it will contribute towards my MBA and career eventually.

Something extra I have learned though the process. French is actually more commonly used than what I had thought previously, by people in Canada, Switzerland, North America, Africa etc.

Need to refresh my memory of INSEAD application essays, be more familiar with the school’s program and practice some common interview questions and skills before the real test comes. The school will inform me of the interviewers’ contact later. INSEAD allows R3 applicants selected for interview to start applying for financial aids, which application deadline will be in mid-September.

There will be more MBA information sessions and alumni gatherings coming in September. Essay writing for other school applications has to be put aside temporarily.

As such, my days now are occupied by Interview preparation, Other B-School applications, French class, and my work – in order of priority now.

1 comment:

Matiaoo said...

Heartiest Congratulations Bluey!! Wish you all the best for your interview.