Thursday, October 11, 2007

INSEAD - Admitted !

I was on my mp3 when my phone rang at 5:30pm (France time 11:30am). On the screen it showed an overseas number +33...it was from France !

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it is my great pleasure to offer you a place in the INSEAD MBA Class of December 2008, starting in Fontainebleau on January 7th. Congratulations and welcome to the worldwide INSEAD community.

It's 2 days earlier than expected ! I'm not sure if all B-school adcom calls to personally congratulate the admitted applicant, but I am certainly moved and thrilled to receive the call from France !

At last, I feel so settled and relieved. It's great to receive the news earlier, if not a few hundred dollars of other schools' application fee will fly away without a purpose :p

I have around 2 months to arrange for financing (ie. bank loan), VISA, housing, driving lesson, pre-MBA reading, relocation, gathering with friends etc etc etc
Probably won't need to attend the optional 'Business Foundation' course. Attended a lecture on Financial Market & Valuation before, and found it manageable. To be confirmed after more research.
The only thing I can confirm is the date of my flight to Paris, which I have been dreaming about for months :p
And if time permits, would like to travel to Italy before school term starts. Hmm...how should I spend my Christmas and New Year Count-down? :)

9 comments:

sisyphus said...

Wow! Congrats! This is brilliant news!! :)

Deepthroat said...

Awesome Bluey, Way to go..... Congrats on your first admit.....
You definitely are the Admits opener among all bloggers....

Did you submit Columbia ED and Harvard already......

Hows Chicago coming...?

Hoewie said...

Congratulations Blue! Well done!

I also got the call ...on monday! Will be starting in Fontainbleau as well ...I´m so excited!

I´m currently looking for housing ...let me know in case you need info -

see you in France then :-)
H

RunningTurtle said...

Congrats.I think this is the first admit in the hella's list this year. Great going. No more worrying abt the apps.

mbabound said...

Congratulations Blue!! I hope to be in your position...when you start school.

bluey said...

thanks for all the well-wishes !

Hoewie,

have you settled your financing and bank loan, or perhaps you are one of those lucky ones without such worry?

Am very stressed over this now...it's alot harder than what I expected because of misinformation from the bank earlier....I hope I will see you at Fonty in Dec...

AspirantHunt said...

Are you not sure about the chances of getting into the schools you have dreamt for?

We have launched AspirantHunt, a platform for connecting MBA aspirants with admission committees of business schools looking for the right fit for their schools.

Have a look into it
http://www.aspiranthunt.com

Wish you all the best
AspirantHunt Team
AspirantHunt - Connecting MBA Aspirants to the Best Business Schools

arevl said...

Congrats!!!!

Been reading your blog as I hope to get into Insead 2009. Preparing for GMAT and all now.

Let us know how your school life is too.

bluey said...

to deepthroat:

Thank U for ur well wishes !
INSEAD is my 1st choice sch thus I did not submit any other application before receiving the adcom's acceptance.
Did not submit for Columbia ED as I was not ready to commit to the ED's agreement as well.

to Vera:

Good luck to your preparation ! not sure if my blog helps but certainly hope it does :)