Friday, July 20, 2007

Beat the GMAT

I'm using Kaplan GMAT Prep and The Official GMAT Guide to prepare for my GMAT scheduled 3 weeks later.
Kaplan is great. It provides good analysis of the different question types and their relevant strategies.
The Official GMAT Guide simply gives lots of real GMAT questions to practise.

Manhattan Review seems to receive very good reviews but it is not available at any of the major bookstores here. Funny...

Have been attempting to wake up earlier to pratise GMAT questions. It will be helpful since the test will take place in the morning, and I'm an owl definitely more alert at night...

One advice from Kaplan to programme the right frame of mind for a great score:
- View GMAT as an exciting challenge which you eagerly want to beat ! :)


Alright... WHO invented this GMAT test ?

3 comments:

AspirantHunt said...

Hello, We have launched AspirantHunt, platform for connecting MBA aspirants with admission committees of business schools looking for the right fit for their schools.

Please have a look into it

http://www.aspiranthunt.com

Wish you all the best
AspirantHunt Team
AspirantHunt - Connecting MBA Aspirants to the Best Business Schools

e.catharsis said...

Hey,

I think your idea of studying in the morning for the GMAT is fantastic: I too am a night owl, and forcing myself to wake up by 10am three Saturdays in a row definitely helped me prepare for D-Day.

On a separate topic, you asked whether I'd like to return to Management Consulting post-B-school. I'll definitely address this topic in more detail later, but for now let me just say that I think B-school is definitely the best way to prepare for an MC career.

kpmg said...

Since you asked :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMAT

In 1953, the organization now called the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) began as an association of nine business schools, whose goal was to develop a standardized test to help business schools select qualified applicants.