Sunday, July 22, 2007

Adieu and See U !

Attended a farewell party for friends who are leaving for their September MBA classes.

Enjoy getting a preview of what it would be, and hopefully soon for myself. I have the habit of imagining myself in a position much look forward to. The images fuel my motivation and negate the not-so-enjoyable process of GMAT preparation and essay writing.

I also got to meet a few current MBA students and tried to get more application and interview advice. It’s always important to have a clearer idea of what are required in a successful application and what to expect in an interview. Every opportunity will be a networking practice particularly with people of different background and nationality, as years of staying in the same country and working in a largely localized position have not been providing much training ground for this aspect, and networking is crucial for thriving on an international business career. The bonus is always to receive from current MBA students a positive brief assessment of my application success rate. At a stressful time like this, any boost of confidence is never too much.

The SunTze Art of War says:
To win every war, thou shalt know in depth your opponent and yourself

Side point:
The farewell party and a recent wedding dinner only further illustrate the interconnectivity of my social circles. It can get freaky sometimes… although I have displayed unintentionally tell-signs of my alternative future, I’m not interested to let my colleagues unravel the puzzle too fast.

1 comment:

Patxi said...

Hi Bluey,

Thanks for linking me from your blog. Good luck with the application process. It can be exhilarating and depressing at the same time, so I wish you tons of perseverance.

Best,

Patxi, the entrepreneurotic, at London Business School